Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to duplicate / clone HTTP traffic between browser and server

Posted by paulkeates 
I want to duplicate / clone HTTP traffic between browser and server
November 02, 2011 06:09PM
Hi,

I'm willing to pay for the configuration example that shows me how to do this task.
Let me know a reasonable cost and I'll send US $ via Paypal.

I've just started learning NGINX and am not a programmer / system admin; I'm a tester, so that is a strike against me.

I want to take all of the HTTP/HTTPS traffic that is going to a web site (e.g. http://ohcinxcamq04.corp.local:8080/fdr/login.jsp) and route it to another IP address / ports.

For example:

Server
|
HTTP/HTTPS
|
NGINX -------------------------------.
| |
Web browser1 Web browser2

I want exactly the same content to show up on a two web browsers.

I do not need the content cached (stored on disk).
I don't need to filter the content type.
The less 'extraneous' stuff that is done to the data-stream the happier I would be.

I want to watch the display on the second browser; not actively use it.
I don't care if the URL / URI is perfect / pretty - even a simple IP address is fine.

I'd be happy if I type in either of two hard-coded local / fake IP addresses in my example above and they connect to the NGINX server and get routed to http://ohcinxcamq04.corp.local:8080 as if I had directly connected without NGINX.

I think it can be done but am unsure of how to do it exactly.
I suspect it is in the proxy / reverse proxy area but really do not know.

Best regards,

Paul
Re: I want to duplicate / clone HTTP traffic between browser and server
November 09, 2011 04:17AM
In my opinion you have to ask a javascript freak. It's mainly not a proxy/reverse proxy thing. The problem is that the second browser isn't aware of the requests of the original one. He get answers without asking a question. Therefore you need something one the client side to simulate the request. And you need something on the server side to forward the requests of one single client to this script.

Are you from the MI5 ??? ... :o)

T.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 190
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018