Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stop and remove nginx from win7

Posted by JoeOhOh 
stop and remove nginx from win7
October 26, 2014 12:37AM
Ok well first of all i really have no clue what i am doing, i wanted to install nginx to make a livestream and now i'm just lost. I downloaded everything i found on nginx for windows and somehow managed to create 2 extra users at win login and i don't have the password, and overall i never really did learn what i was doing. Now i want to try again but this time in a virtual machine so i don't screw up my OS, but first, i need to get rid of nginx in windows. I've tried using the nginx stop shortcut (i dont even know how to open nginx in a cmd window) in the nginx folder but it requires me to have a password and i don't think i never did set up one, and lost the default.
How can i get around this? what is the default password? if there is no default password is there a way to recover mine? any other way to completely remove nginx from windows?
Any help truly appreciated :) , i feel like i have a lot of learning to do before i can make my little project work.
Re: stop and remove nginx from win7
October 26, 2014 08:23AM
Find user management in your computer properties and change the passwords for the user(s) that have been created, then look into the .cmd files where /savecred is used, run the stop cmd file and enter the password(s) which you have changed, things should be running back to normal.

To remove just remove the folders and remove the users and you can start again.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
Re: stop and remove nginx from win7
October 27, 2014 03:37AM
it worked! thank you so much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 143
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018