Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IMAP Forwarder - Newbie

Posted by undazeraw 
IMAP Forwarder - Newbie
August 01, 2014 12:00PM
Hi all, I am completely new to nginx. All of my family members use email addresses at one of my domains (hosted in another country). Recently, the hosting company transferred my account to a different server, with a different IP address. This IP is currently blacklisted (no idea why) at the ISP that my father connects through. My ISP has no problems communicating with the server.

What I am hoping to do with nginx is set it up on my computer (Windows 7 with a domain name attached to it) and have my father connect to my computer to send and receive email. The server he needs to connect to uses IMAP with SSL on port 993 and SMTP with SSL on port 465.

Is it possible for me to configure the Windows version of the software to forward everything to the remote mail server (including authentication) so that he doesn't need to use an IP which is blocked to him?

I need things to be as simple for him as possible, and am hoping that all I need him to do is to change the server address from remotehost.com to mypersonal.co.uk. At present, he is having to use his mobile phone to download his email over the air (which is not cheap), and his ISP says it can take up to a month to get the IP address unblocked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018