Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to display a static header/footer on all pages

Posted by netfreak 
How to display a static header/footer on all pages
April 07, 2013 04:59AM
So I've been toying around with the echo and addition modules but I'm not finding the best way to accomplish what I'm looking for... Essentially I serve out various content but mostly in the form of html/text/pdf documents and I would like to have a small HTML page functioning as a header or footer be displayed when a user accesses any of those file formats. I considered SSI but as most of the files are toward the text/PDF formats I'm thinking that isn't an option. If possible I'm thinking it would be best to actually have each page loaded in frames, so a small top frame for my custom header and the body frame for the contents of the requested file.

1) Do I need to write a PHP script which functions as a general loader for all content, which could then display a header page?
2) Is there any module (preferably part of the debian wheezy "nginx-extras" package) which can do what I'm looking for?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018