Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

moving from apache to nginx with kareha

Posted by unixbender 
moving from apache to nginx with kareha
January 13, 2013 04:54PM
I have spent a couple of days trying to make this work and have finally ran out of combinations of incantations of paths, aliases, rewrites, path splitting with FastCGI.

I have a site that contains several kareha forums. Each has its own index.pl that people post to. Each board has its own unique URL pattern. To complicate matters, Kareha does not use a query string so to speak. It uses anything after the script to processs its own URL's.

e.g.

I have 4 boards. "one" "two" "three" "four". Each has a index.pl file. When a user clicks on "Reply", they are accessing:

http://mysite.tld/one/index.pl/1308381934/

In some cases there is also a /(number) behdind that. e.g. /1308381934/114

I have the latest version of pcre and nginx 1.2.6.

Any thoughts as to the right and secure way to give each boards index.pl the right path and not treat everything after the .pl/ as a file/dentry? I found several posts where people were trying to make Kareha work with nginx. I even found one that was said to work, but it does not. It was an old post, based on an old version of nginx. Not sure if related.

I am assuming the right path (no pun intended) is to use fastcgi path splitting?
Re: moving from apache to nginx with kareha
January 18, 2013 12:28AM
Disregard last. I was able to recompile the latest version of Apache and get the memory utilization to a managable level by disabling most modules.

On a side note, the outgoing mail server for this forum lacks FCrDNS so many will not be able to register.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018