Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Q: Setting up on ARM Linux, backend C++ and more..

Posted by Tomle 
Q: Setting up on ARM Linux, backend C++ and more..
August 11, 2012 02:40AM
Hello all!

I'm (just) a hardware and embedded firmware developer but for a new project I have the follow scenario and wonder if I'm on the right track. I will not do most things myself but need to come up with a plan:

1. Need a web-server running under Linux on an ARM Cortex A9 embedded board.

2. This board has a local touch screen and I see perhaps using QT Webkit running borderless/fullscreen on this device to run the GUI as a web app

3. Need to access this device remotely and present the same (or similar) GUI via web browsers on e.g. cell phones, tablets, laptops, you name it, running everything from Android to Windows.

4. Based on 2 and 3 I have come to the conclusion to use jquery and some GUI lib like jquery mobile or other extensions to present both the local and remote display

5. A critical main application will manage the functionality of the system. This will be written in C++

6. This main application will need to receive messages from the web served GUI and to push messages out when there are events that need to be presented on the display (locally or remotely).

7. As far as I have learned FastCGI might be a suitable method for application to web-server communication. And I found a library called FastCGI++ (http://www.nongnu.org/fastcgipp/)

The big question then; Am I on the right track for my scenario? And in particular regarding the communication between the main application and the web-server through FastCGI?

Has anyone experience with the FastCGI++ library? Are there other libs for C++ I should take a look at? How is the FastCGI plugin for nginx?

The nginx should run fine on an Cortex A9 (1GHz + maybe 512MB of RAM) I guess. Worst case maybe 10 concurrent sessions

Any comments? Other things I should look at regarding any aspect?

Thanks alot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018