Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nginx as loadbalancer for resin

Posted by shadoe 
Nginx as loadbalancer for resin
September 30, 2010 03:23AM
Hi.

I'm currently using a rather weird, inherited, setup...

The user connects to one of four caching proxies which has nginx as frontend for apache (kind of a ddos-protection) and the apaches talks to a loadbalancer (nginx) which loadbalances three backends using resin.

We've been trying to set cacheinfo on resin but that cacheinfo doesnt reach the proxies so instead I've had to resort to have the loadbalancer set the cacheinfo based on some filtering in the nginx.conf.

The question is if there is a way to get the cacheinfo set in resin to be untouched by nginx and forwarded up along the chain to the proxies (apache).

Currently the resin headers looks like this (some info removed for securityreasons):
Content-Language: sv
Backend: backend
ETag: "2854A50542633E9CE25FF36E37C23F15"
Last-Modified: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 06:42:42 GMT
Expires: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:27:29 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 39664
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:17:27 GMT

But this info doesnt reach the apache-proxies that are upstream behind the nginx-loadbalancer.
the if any of the info is piped upstream then I'm home but currently the info has to be added on the loadbalancer as a measure to even get the caching to work. What am I doing wrong? (it could be a case of serious user error on my part)...

Hope someone can help figure it out,

Mattias
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018