Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

php-fpm - error: libevent >= 1.4.11 could not be found - is driving me crazy

Posted by ktm 
ktm
php-fpm - error: libevent >= 1.4.11 could not be found - is driving me crazy
April 11, 2010 02:10PM
Hi, I've tried every solution I could find but ti keeps giving me this error although obviously libevent 1.4.12 is installed. I installed libevent 1.4.12 in /opt/local/libevent and libevent-1.4.so.2 is located in opt/local/libevent/lib. Every time I compile php it gives me this error. I tried using --with-libevent=shared, /opt/local/libevent and other solutions, any ideas ? Thanks
Re: php-fpm - error: libevent >= 1.4.11 could not be found - is driving me crazy
April 11, 2010 06:26PM
Yes I had this problem too. I tried a few things that *should have* worked but didn't. In the end I forced it to in stall in /usr/local/lib and not the libevent directory. It was a little while back so fuzzy about the exact steps but the configure script was the problem. I did not specify any lib paths on my configure line.

One thing that does help it run the configure with sh -x ./configure [options] 2>&1 | tee report.dump and see exactly what configure thinks it needs to do.

The next problem you might encounter after this it the "test" of the libevent from configure giving and error. For me this was fixed by making sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH knew where to find it when configure was run.

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018