Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Installed nginx with iredmail; how to add web content & test without DNS change

May 01, 2015 08:50PM
I think I failed to explain my problem correctly. It seems to me whatever I do for the test would be on the server side, not client side. Studying your reply, I think your solution maps domain.com to ipaddress (dotted quad) from the client side. What I need to do is have the one ip address I have for the server host iredmail and my website.

Iredmail creates an index.html in /var/www with contents

<html>
<head>
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=/mail/">
</head>
</html>

I created a /var/www2 with a different index.html, but I don't see how nginx would know which directory to use.

I was able to get nginx working with my website prior to having iredmail on the same server. Having both services on the same server is what confuses me.
Subject Author Posted

Re: Installed nginx with iredmail; how to add web content & test without DNS change

Francis Daly April 30, 2015 01:52PM

gariac May 01, 2015 08:50PM

halozen May 02, 2015 01:50AM

Francis Daly May 02, 2015 03:56AM

gariac May 03, 2015 08:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018