Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GZIP Issues in 0.7 vx 0.8

October 29, 2010 06:47PM
I ran into an issue the last couple days where we noticed some files were being gzipped from a site (in a reverse proxy config) and others were not. Initially we believed it to be due to the size of the buffer so we increased it, enormously. Yet, no resolution.

We tried buffering, caching, compression levels, vary any, proxied, etc. We simply couldn't find the issue. We went with a hail mary and built 0.8 (newest) and the issue is now resolved.

Is there a bug or an issue with 0.7 and gzip in a reverse proxy config vs 0.8? Apparently there is something but I wanted to point out we ran into this issue. We can also provide configs to duplicate this problem.

One last thing:
There was not a gzip_disable string, no changes in mime.types, even removed all settings except gzip on;. This issue occurred with both gzip 1.1/1.0.

Thanks,
Kevin
Subject Author Posted

GZIP Issues in 0.7 vx 0.8

Kevin October 29, 2010 06:47PM

Re: GZIP Issues in 0.7 vx 0.8

Igor Sysoev October 30, 2010 02:52AM



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 6 on February 13, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018
Powered by nginx      Powered by FreeBSD      PHP Powered      Powered by MariaDB      ipv6 ready