Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Facebook Debugger gets Error 500 On Apache Rewritten URLs

Posted by Galaxian 
Facebook Debugger gets Error 500 On Apache Rewritten URLs
February 10, 2015 03:37PM
I'm kind of dumbfounded with this one, probably because I'm a total noob when it comes to server management beyond the control panel (which, in this case, is VestaCP.)

I use Google PageSpeed Service and it works well, until the Facebook scraper tries to load a page and gets a 500 internal server error thrown back at it. This is a problem for my live and actively shared sites.

Does anyone know what'd cause these conditions to return a 500 for the Facebook scraper (and debugger tool):

- Only happens only htaccess URL rewritten pages (also including the root /, but trying index.php directly works)
- Only happens on sites using Google PageSpeed Service. Yes, I've tried deactivating the rewriters, but it doesn't seem to be any of those.
- Works when using nginx's caching template on VestaCP. None of the others work. Also unticking "nginx support" doesn't change anything (but headers indicate nginx is still being served). However, I can't really keep this active because I have dynamic features that break when this is activated.

Remember, the sites seem to load fine otherwise, just for the FB scraper. Any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018