Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Failure or Success ? & Opinion's about nginx

Posted by poolet 
Failure or Success ? & Opinion's about nginx
June 18, 2012 10:48AM
Hello,

I have build a server CentOS 6.2 with nginx & ISPConfig and a lof of other services....
I have a strange problem and I would like to share with you.... First of all am getting,
error while I try to see my ISPConfig and phpmyadmin from my server, "permition not allowed" something
is going wrong with quata permitions and I think I would figure out of myself.. The strange here is that when I try to reach the ISPConfig and phpmyadmin from other computer/machine inside of my network it's works..!! :-/ Insted of nginx that I get the following error::
"nginx error....
The page you are looking for is not found.
Something has triggered missing webpage on your website. This is the default 404 error page for nginx that is distributed with EPEL. It is located /usr/share/nginx/html/404.html"

You should customize this error page for your own site or edit the error_page directive in the nginx configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf." So until now I have conclude that firewall with quata are bloking my server request.. So if someone gets ownership on server can't used or change values, and gives read only access on server even if someone reaching the ip address outside... With other words I can have access on all these things only with https and not with http so, basically the error that I get it's correct.....

My question now, the informations above and my thoughts are correct ?? All I need is a confirmations that when I will comiunicate the dns of my domain with server I want to be able to work without any problem and websites to be running proper since I am think I am ready to continiue by setting up a high-availability load balancer ( failover and session support) with HAProxy/Keepalived so the things here are a little bit angry here, if I made a mistake I must start from the beginning (by formating the whole partitions if am able :-/ ) So if someone knows something please let me know...

At the end is any way to reforward my website back to domain name server if the power is off?? I have a UPS and I have set to send a shutdown request to my server, -no shutdown to my router and restart my router, All I want is when the server took the request for shutdown I want to inform (somehow I don't know yet) my nginx and my ISPConfig to reforward the DNS address back into the default status and website be online and visible via domain name and not from server...

Thank you in advance..
Regards
Poolet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018