Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Create a proxy server with nginx on my home router to route all remote client traffic

Posted by giov 
Create a proxy server with nginx on my home router to route all remote client traffic
August 07, 2023 09:45AM
I have a problem with setting up a proxy server on my Open WRT router. Unfortunately I can't install squid due to low system memory of Open WRT router but I can install NGINX on it. The problem is that I don't know nginx. I want remote clients (e.g. a smartphone or computer) that have a public IP X.X.X.X to connect to my home proxy HTTP server via my public IP address Y.Y.Y.Y, a port of my choosing, a username and password, and I would also like all remote client traffic to be routed through the proxy and thus be visible on the internet with the public ip address of my home network. I know it could be a security issue and that it would be better to use a VPN like Open VPN or WireGuard which I have already configured in my router, but I also need to configure a proxy server for my convenience. I need help configuring nginx. My only goal is for clients to be able to remotely use my home public ip address with a proxy server. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2023 09:46AM by giov.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018