Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HTTP pipeline forwarding on multiple TCP-connections

Posted by szp75 
HTTP pipeline forwarding on multiple TCP-connections
February 10, 2011 04:55AM
Hello,

Is this possible to achieve with nginx?

There would be two incoming TCP-connections to nginx from the same IP address. Both connections are sending POST methods in HTTP-pipeline. The URLs are different in the two POSTs to two different applications, the HOST field can also be set individually. These are applications behind IIS.

Questions:
1. Can nginx direct these to the applications?
2. One of the applications, if receiving POSTs in pipeline, does not start to process them in parallel. Therefore my aim is to open multiple connections to this application, by which I can achieve parallel processing of this application (it has been tested). (One of the incoming connections forwarded on multiple connections.) The application can handle pipeline but still processing requests one by one. The other application can still have only one connection.
3. If nr. 2 is possible will nginx also forward in pipeline?
4. If nr. 3 is so then is it true that the the two incoming pipelines remain separated between nginx and IIS i.e. I would like to avoid the mixing of the POSTs to the applications on one pipeline because the slower one would hold up the other?
5. If nr. 3 is not in pipeline it is no problem both applications can handle "request-response mode". In this case the separation would not matter because there would be no pipeline between nginx and IIS.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018