Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to redirect port on static ip>

Posted by gzbruno 
How to redirect port on static ip>
October 30, 2015 11:10AM
Hello. Im kind of noob here so sorry if my question seems dumb to you.
I am hosting a gps server traccar using a linux server. It works like charm. The only problem im facing right now is that the chinesse gps devices i bought on a lot sale do not accept an address for the server direction, only ip. Im familiar with dyndns in which for example a cctv dvr updates the current public dynamic ip into the server so the user can access anytime doesnt matter the ip changes.
Ive been trying to find the same concept but with a static ip instead of a text url. I know it might not work that way but i hope you can help me out.
Ive been doing some research and there are some satic ip vpns out there but they seem to allow only 1 connection. assuming i have 5 or 50 gps. they will transmit each 2 minutes, a lot of them will probably fail to conect. the data transfer is very low, for example a gps uses 5-10 mb per month, but they have to connect constantly to report the location.

I asked a sales rep from bestproxyandvpn.com and this is his reply
Hello,
I'm afraid that VPN will only allow one connection at a time on that particular VPN account and it will not work on your particular use case.
What you need is a VPS with dedicated IP and a reverse proxy like nginx or haproxy installed that would redirect incoming connections to your server. Your server will also need to update it's current IP to haproxy/nginx each minute.
Neither proxies nor VPN will work for this.
Thank you for your interest!
Best regards,
Adrian

So, here I am, I just dont understand how nginx works. because its open source, no montly payment. but will i get a static ip? i dont mind if its a shared ip as long as i have a dedicated port that forwards the incomming connection to my dynamic ip. The problem with the vpns is that i dont want all my outgoing connetions to be triangled to another location. I only want as i said, a satic ip with a specific or non-specific port, and then the connetion is redirected to a dynamic ip.

Im not familiar with advanced terminologies, but i hope you can help me out.
Thank you in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018