Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows Pathes

Posted by NorbertJ 
Windows Pathes
June 17, 2011 10:28AM
Hi everyone,

we're evaluating nginx as web server on our measurement devices. Our devices run under Windows and Linux.
When trying to get the Windows version to run I encountered the problem of declaring pathes with blanks in it, e.g.
"C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Rohde-Schwarz/DeviceWebPages".
Although I'm pretty sure to have entered the correct path, nginx did not find any subdirectories of that directory.
Unfortunately changing the path to its short form (C:/DOCUME~1/ALLUSE~1/APPLIC~1/ROHDE-~1/DEVICE~1) did not help too much.

I got around that problem by creating a top level directory (C:/deviceweb) and a junction (a Windows symlink) named C:/deviceweb/webpages) to the actual directory. That way it worked quite fine.

So my first question is: Are there known issues or restrictions for pathes in the Windows version?

The problems continued when I attempted to declare a second location (/dojodir/) pointing to "C:/Program Files/Common Files/Rohde-Schwarz/Dojo_1.0.2". I didn't find any way to give that location priority over location "/" and finally created a junction C:/deviceweb/webpages/dojodir pointing to the above mentioned directory.

So my second question is: How does one has to declare a sub-location (in my case "/dojodir") so that it gets priority over the parent location (here "/")?

This way nginx works pretty well and junctions have the added bonus that they can be changed without having to to stop and restart the server, so I'm complaining on a quite sophisticated level ;-)

Anyway, I'm curious enough to want to know how things are supposed to work.

Have a nice weekend

Norbert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018