Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

xslt_stylesheet in Cygwin

Posted by monster 
xslt_stylesheet in Cygwin
April 30, 2011 04:11PM
Hallo. I have decided to try nginx after seeing it move to version 1.0. I've read people saying the XSLT module is great, so I tried to use it. Unfortunately my dev machine is Windows. The default Windows binary does not seem to include "--with-http_xslt_module" so I had to first install cygwin and "guess" the required cygwin components until nginx compiled, which it did eventually.

OK, so now my problem is that, as far as I can see, at least in cygwin, the XSLT stylesheets that are specified in nginx.conf with xslt_stylesheet are specified with a path that is relative to nginx path, and not the root of my website. And they only seem to "match" if the same path is used in the <?xml-stylesheet> of the XML document. This therefore forces me to use a path in my XML documents which is relative to nginx's directory, instead of my website root. I find this rather ugly, IMHO.

I personally see the XSLT stylesheets as part of the website content, and want to have them under /xsl/, relative to the website root. I also want to refer to them under that path in my XML files. OTOH, I don't care about the path that I have to put after xslt_stylesheet in nginx.conf, as long as my paths in my XML documents can be relative to the website root. How do I do that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 139
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018