Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

force_redirect disabled even though set to on in php.ini

Posted by aliakbar 
force_redirect disabled even though set to on in php.ini
January 29, 2010 03:02AM
Hi, for some reason force_redirect shows up as disabled even though set to on in my /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini file.

I've restarted PHP multiple times and even changed the value in all the other php.ini files using locate.

Is this a security concern or not?
Re: force_redirect disabled even though set to on in php.ini
January 29, 2010 06:03AM
Is it possible that php was built without it?

What is the output of

# php -v

# php -i | grep enable-force-cgi-redirect

--
Jim Ohlstein
January 29, 2010 08:10AM
It returns nothing. I just used [code]
apt-get install php5-common php5-dev php5-mysql php5-tidy php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl php5-cgi php5-mcrypt php5-curl php5-gd php5-memcache php5-mhash php5-pspell php5-snmp php5-cli memcached
[/code]
on Ubuntu LTS.

Am I gonna have to build PHP from source? I could upgrade Ubuntu but my boot partition is too small right now so I'd rather not.
January 29, 2010 08:45AM
It seems that it was built without it then. If it were you would see something like:

# php -v
PHP 5.2.12 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Jan 19 2010 15:54:10)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
with XCache v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2009, by mOo

# php -i | grep enable-force-cgi-redirect
Configure Command => './configure' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php' '--disable-all' '--enable-libxml' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local' '--enable-reflection' '--program-prefix=' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-regex=php' '--with-zend-vm=CALL' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--mandir=/usr/local/man' '--infodir=/usr/local/info/' '--build=amd64-portbld-freebsd8.0'

What version of PHP is it? That configure option is no longer available in 5.3. The logic evidently is built into PHP 5.3 by default.

--
Jim Ohlstein
January 30, 2010 03:43AM
It's PHP version 5.2.4. I think I'm just gonna upgrade Ubuntu. I already had to build openssh from source just to jail users =P.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 291
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018