Nginx auth users
January 17, 2015 10:14AM
Hello i am slowly migrating from apache to Nginx

So far everything is running smoothly and i have to say from all the benchmark tests Nginx has improved performance by 60% that is incredible and i havent even drived into performance tuning.

Anyway we have numerous websites that require a list of specific users to be able to access, normally we handle this with a htpasswd file and require user on apache.

We have hundreds of different users, and based on the other solutions i have seen such as having separate files for each website with those users in those files.

This seems highly impracticable to me as some users have access to multiple websites so these users would have to be duplicated within each of these separate user files.

So i was wondering is there another work around? where i dont have to strip every user out of the htpasswd file and enter them into separate files, sure i can script this in perl but there must be an easier option and just sticking with one user file.

Any response would be appreciated

Thank you for your time in reading this post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 295
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018