Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Convert URL segments to Query String parameters and pass to PHP

Posted by nrahl 
Convert URL segments to Query String parameters and pass to PHP
September 30, 2013 09:52AM
I'm migrating an application from Apache2 to nginx and having trouble configuring my server.

What it should do is:
1. If the requested URI is a real file or directory, serve it.
2. If not, and it is the root, /, execute the file Director.php in the web root using a fastcgi_pass.
3. If the URL has one segment, ie. "mydomain.com/SomeWhere/", then execute the file Director.php in the web root using a fastcgi_pass, and set the Query String parameter named rt equal to "SomeWhere". ie. Director.php?rt=SomeWhere
4. If the URL has 2 segments, ie. "mydomain.com/SomeWhere/Else/" , then execute the file Director.php in the web root using a fastcgi_pass, and set the Query String parameter named "rt" equal to "SomeWhere" and the Query String parameter named "action" equal to "Else". ie. Director.php?rt=SomeWhere&action=Else.

In all of the above cases, if the URI already has Query String parameters, they should be merged together. ie. mydomain.com/SomeWhere/Else/?ID=7 should become Director.php?rt=SomeWhere&action=Else&ID=7

Soem people/places have suguested using regualr expression location blocks, and some have sugguested using rewrite rules. I haven't been able to get either method to work for me. The best I've gotten so far is the message "No input file specified. " on every request.

I currently have this:

location /([a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+)/ {
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
fastcgi_index Director.php;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING rt=$1;
include fastcgi_params;
}

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /Director.php;
}

My working Apache rules were:

DirectoryIndex Director.php
RewriteRule ^/([a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+)/$ /Director.php?rt=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/([a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+)/$ /Director.php?rt=$1&action=$2 [L,QSA]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018