Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Migration from F5 to NGINX mappings

Posted by Crys1alshard 
Migration from F5 to NGINX mappings
February 12, 2019 08:19PM
I am trying to work through migrating I-Rule and data group configurations from F5 BIGIP to NGINX. I ran into a snag when trying to mimic functionality we had previously in an I-Rule. Essentially, we have a website with F5 as a reverse proxy. The website product detail page has a specific URL structure to identify different products IE: ProductDetail.aspx?productid=12345. In F5, we have a datagroup with mappings of old productids to new productids IE: 12345 := 67890. We then have a redirect set up that will string replace the old productid with the new one and then redirect the client to the correct product page.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to mimic this on NGINX. I have a map setup with old to new product ID

map $arg_productid $redirect_to
{
22195 91390;
}

I then want to use this to replace the value of the arg productid with the new value and redirect the client. I only want this to be considered if the productid arg contains the source product id from the mapping. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 203
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018