Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reply moderation?

Posted by ulrith 
Reply moderation?
October 23, 2013 03:03AM
Hi! I have answered to my companion on the forum but got answer that my reply will be moderated.
It's not on the forum still.
Could you moderate my reply please?
Re: Reply moderation?
October 24, 2013 09:41AM
ulrith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi! I have answered to my companion on the forum but got answer that
> my reply will be moderated.
> It's not on the forum still.
> Could you moderate my reply please?

Please understand that because I am the only moderator here on any regular basis, it sometimes takes a day or two. In this case my internet access had been out for about 36 hours due to a fiber cable being cut. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Re-posting the same post, as you did, only adds to my work here as then I have two posts to moderate. As Albert Einstein was alleged to have said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.". It is also more difficult to review posts that are in a language with which I haven't even a passing familiarity.

As you no doubt know, the moderation queue is designed to filter potential spam posts. Most of the time it does well, but it is only as good as its programming. Sometimes it catches "legitimate" posts and sometimes it allows through some spam. Today there were 16 posts to moderate. Of these, 13 were absolute spam. Of the other three, two were your identical messages, and one was also a legitimate post.

In your case I *think* the reason that your message was queued for moderation was that you included a link - http://help.yandex.ru/webmaster/robot-workings/check-yandex-robots.xml - which contained the word "robot(s)". That's my best guess anyway.

In any event, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Your participation here is highly valued.

--
Jim Ohlstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 11:42AM by Jim Ohlstein.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018