Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't access files from remote client

Posted by chhcope 
Can't access files from remote client
August 02, 2016 03:20PM
Hello,

My name is Harrison. I am setting up a project management server for my office, and can't seem to access files stored on the remote server. Here is some detail:

I have a cloudatcost server running Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS. On that server I installed Taiga, which is a web based project management software. Taiga uses nginx to store and serve files relating to its projects. I can access the files from a web browser opened on the virtual machine. I cannot access the files from any other location. When I try to open a PDF, for example, it opens in a new web browser page at the address localhost:8000........... But I want it to look to <server ip address>:8000........ to find the file. I can change localhost to the server's IP and the file appears and is downloadable. So, I need to change localhost in the address to the ip address of the server. I just don't know how to do that.

I am not sure I am in the right place to ask this question, but I don't believe it is a complicated issue so I am hoping someone will be able to shed some light or direct me to the right place.

Thanks,

Harrison
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 150
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018