Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello and Salutations...

Posted by b43n7 
Hello and Salutations...
May 12, 2015 09:10AM
I hear that nginx can be used as a RTMP/HLS and that there are builds out there with RTMP already compiled but i'll be a monkey's uncle if I could find a working build. I see there are a lot of unanswered questions in these forums related to this subject and can only assume that either nobody is doing this except for gamers or that there is money involved so "nobody knows anything" unless you get the commercial version...

Now that I have got everybody in a tizzy let me say I have tried compiling the latest builds for Windows (now you know) and have had no success with the OpenSSL module compiling on a 64bit machine. I get errors such as "Statement too complex" and "Invalid combination with segmentalignment" among others.

If there is any soul alive that can shine some light on this subject I would be amazed and very thankful.

Sorry, no money transfers today.
Re: Hello and Salutations...
May 12, 2015 09:54AM
b43n7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear that nginx can be used as a RTMP/HLS and that there are builds
> out there with RTMP already compiled but i'll be a monkey's uncle if I
> could find a working build. I see there are a lot of unanswered
> questions in these forums related to this subject and can only assume
> that either nobody is doing this except for gamers or that there is
> money involved so "nobody knows anything" unless you get the
> commercial version...

You might actually be surprised to know that development costs money, thoroughly testing everything takes a lot of time and money, fixing cross platform issues takes even more time and money, unless you can tell me where that tree is where money suppose to be growing from I would suggest you think twice before bashing those who actually spend time getting things out there which for most are free.

---
nginx for Windows http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 305
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018