Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web developer from New Jersey.

Posted by skcin7 
Web developer from New Jersey.
November 21, 2012 11:20AM
Hi Nginx community,

I'm Nick, a developer from New Jersey. I started my first website when I was in 6th grade, which was a free website hosted on Angelfire that was called "Nintendo 64 Code Library". I have fond memories of the Web 1.0 days! Web development was a hobby of mine that I loved up until 2008. Since then, I've dedicated myself to it and made it my profession. I registered my business in May 2012 and now I'm working on building a client base and gaining customers.

I just installed Nginx and am trying it now. I've heard great things about it and am excited to finally try it myself. I've only used Apache in the past. Furthermore, I've only used pre-built stack packages like XAMPP or MAMP. This time I installed each piece separately (Nginx, PHP, and MySQL) and connected them all together by editing the configuration files. Although this is trivial for many, I've never done this before, so it was a challenge for me. I have a much better understanding of it now that it's done.

I've mostly used PHP in the past. I have experience in Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby. I know there is a lot of PHP-hate sometimes, which I don't really understand. The next website I build is going to be either Perl or Python based. I've been looking into the Django framework and it's a likely prospect. Though the speed advantages that Perl has are especially attractive to me. It will be fun connecting them with Nginx and making sure it all works flawlessly.

In addition, I wanted to use PostgreSQL but seemed to be having trouble getting it connected properly with PHP. Not quite sure why - I'll work more on that later.

Anywho, glad to be here. Hope to contribute what I can to help this community thrive,

Thanks for reading,

Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018