Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using NGINX

Posted by develadmin 
using NGINX
July 15, 2011 04:10PM
Hello NGINX Friends,

we do use NGINX (Engine X) to serve static media and proxy to Apache2 via mod_wsgi.
NGINX is great software! Right now everything works out fine and smooth. we will see how the whole system is performing under heavy traffic. But I guess it will perform well!

Well, a little NGINX issue is still left. Long database-queries which last more than 1 minute the "504 Gateway Time-out" is occurring. We couldn't solve this until now, but hopefully we will get to know the source of the error soon. Must be an issue with NGINX mod_wsgi Apache2 team play. Our visitors do never see the 504 Gateway Time-out, because the media is served fast. But working on the database, can sometimes lead to this error. But its not a big deal, workaround is to go for faster queries. ;-)

Greetings to all nginx friends
Raphael

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 01:57AM by Jim Ohlstein.
Re: using NGINX
July 16, 2011 06:30AM
Thanks for editing Jim!

By the way: What do you guys really do, if a request is lasting very long because of extensive database queries?
Lets say > 10minutes ...?

the funny thing is, today i turned on my computer. reloaded firefox and voila the site is presented right because to database query finished. NO "504 Gateway Time-out" occured.
I know the queries get processed right in the background. But how can i tell NGINX and Apache to wait for it?
I have already tried to play around with read-timout etc. Nothing solved the problem.

Would be nice ;-)

Greetings
Raphael from (put proper company-name here) *smile*
Re: using NGINX
July 23, 2011 06:01AM
Don't worry guys, because you do not know the answer yet.
You are not alone ;-)

I couldn't find a solution either.
Quite a lot of guys do suffer from this issue, but no solutions till today.

good luck on that one
develadmin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 180
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018