Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

looking to up my WordPress game with NGINX

Posted by Megunticook 
looking to up my WordPress game with NGINX
August 16, 2018 04:03PM
Hi All,

I'm a WordPress developer who's been on Apache servers for many years. Last month I tried setting up a development server on AWS using Ubuntu and NGINX and noticed a big performance boost. Now I'm ready to move my production sites over to NGINX.

But I'm still new at this so wanted to get some advice and tips from this form (and eventually contribute my own advice and tips after gaining more experience).

So...one question I have is this: my development server is just straight NGINX and everything seems to be working fine. But I keep reading about using NGINX as a proxy server in front of Apache. I'd rather keep things simple, but am I giving up some significant advantages by doing this?

My main goal with NGINX is to boost the performance of my WordPress sites. What I'd like to do is set up a new server for my production site, get everything fine-tuned, and then migrate the site over and shut down the Apache server.

I'm on AWS and used this tutorial as a guide for my first attempt: https://www.nginx.com/blog/setting-up-nginx/. Are there other/better tutorials out there?

Thanks, look forward to becoming an NGINX guru (eventually!).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018