Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

502 error due to PHP crashes with signal 6 (SIGABRT) or 11 (SIGSEGV)

Posted by frank11 
502 error due to PHP crashes with signal 6 (SIGABRT) or 11 (SIGSEGV)
July 07, 2015 01:15PM
I've seen a lot of posts that others get 502 error due to PHP crashes with signal 6 (SIGABRT) or 11 (SIGSEGV) but unfortunately none of the provided solution fixes mine. I'm in the process to get the back trace of the core dump but in the meantime, I just want to post here to see if any of you have any hint or procedure to debug this.

Here's what happen: various scripts crash at kind of random places but most of time *after* the main script exits/returns (with no error), i.e., the class destructor/shutdown methods get called and the last line in the main script gets executed.

I've tried all the settings combination so I won't post them here but I'll post if whatever you need to know.
Nginx => 1.6.2
PHP Version => 5.3.19
libcouchbase version => 2.5.0
memcached Version => 2.1.0
MySQL Client API version => 5.5.28

-Frank

P.S. I'll post these questions in separate topics:
1) What exactly happen after the script exits/returns (besides saving the session)?
What does php-fpm do to the process when it gets returned to the pool? (e.g. class states, static variables, database connections? I assume they all garbage collected)
Re: 502 error due to PHP crashes with signal 6 (SIGABRT) or 11 (SIGSEGV)
July 07, 2015 02:22PM
IMPORTANT NOTES:

The servers are not under high load (never get "server reached pm.max_children setting").
Reduce pm.max_requests to low number reduces the frequency of crashes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 280
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018