Posted by Michal Novotný 
Michal Novotný
php-fpm workers eating lots of memory even on zero traffic
April 29, 2013 05:08AM
Hello, my php-fpm workers are taking large amount of memory even if there
has been zero traffic on server for some time. What is this memory? Is it
leaked memory or is it some sort of php cache (I use just APC cache which
should be in a shared memory somewhere though)? Or is it normal behaviour
of php-fpm that it does not realease memory?

A defailed report with my config is here:
http://serverfault.com/questions/503185/php-fpm-workers-eating-lots-of-memory-even-on-zero-traffic

Any help greatly appreciated!
clime

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "highload-php-en" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to highload-php-en+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
Re: php-fpm workers eating lots of memory even on zero traffic
April 29, 2013 11:22PM
Hi
fpm workers share APC cache between them, memory is added to RES and SHR, looking at the usage it seems you have about 128 Mb (maybe a bit more) APC dedicated for opcode and variable caching.
If you are affraid that APC is leaking RAM - try flushing its cache from apc control panel and see, you can set pm.max_requests to some reasonable value to make fpm workers restart after serving max requests.

Alternatively you can try any other opcode cache : eaccelerator (abandonware, but works on 5.4), xcache (works fine! has variable cache), zend opcache (opensourced not very long time ago, very good!), i am hapy with combo zendopcache + xcache as variable cacher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 318
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018