Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RE: General Development Inquiry

June 08, 2020 01:08AM
> Hmmm, hopefully this works because I subscribed with digest. Thank you very much for the feedback, I now had an idea of where to focus (I had a rough idea but this made it clearer). And now I know what the issue is but have no idea how to resolve it.
>
> My module was setting the upstream length as you suggested, hence my confusion. So I flooded the ngx_http_upstream code with debug statements to hunt down why the code around line 3614 (which calls finalize on the upstream length reaching zero) wasn't working. Turns out, the value was -1, which, if I read the code correctly, indicates that upstream is complete when connection is closed (consistent with what I was seeing).
>
> More debugging, turns out that my custom process_header method is setting the correct length to process, but immediately after that can the nginx server internally calls process_headers, which transfers all of the values between the upstream and request headers and...then...sets the upstream length to -1!
>
> Gah! So now I know what's wrong, but have no idea how to address it!
> There's no indicators or flags that I can see in the process_headers method to have it not reset the length to EOF!
>
> jmh
>
I think you should set it in the input_filter_init function, instead of process_header, this is what the proxy & memcached modules do... This function is called after process_header, so it won't get reset.

Eran
Subject Author Views Posted

General Development Inquiry

jmheisz 456 June 06, 2020 11:46PM

erankor 378 June 07, 2020 02:12AM

jmheisz 274 June 07, 2020 08:04PM

erankor 358 June 08, 2020 01:08AM

jmheisz 298 June 08, 2020 11:28AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018