Mauro Tridici
March 12, 2023 03:44PM
Dear users,

I am a newbie and would like to know your opinion about a request I received at work.

I will try to describe the problem.
The company at which I work has several locations located within the same country. The company has subscribed to an online magazine that can be accessed after providing the public IP with which the various locations face the public network.

Instead of providing the various public IP addresses related to each of the different locations, my boss proposed to set up a proxy server at the main work location and ask all users in the company to use that proxy to reach the magazine's site.
In this way, even company users working from home can reach the magazine's website.

Following are some questions:

- In your opinion, is this a suggested or recommended solution?
- if such a solution falls within best practices, could you point me to some links where examples of configurations are given?
- from the point of view of network security, it doesn't seem to me to be very secure and I think that, for each of the users, we should create credentials for access to the proxy server (e.g. through an integration with the LDAP server), what do you think?

I thank you in advance,
Mauro
Subject Author Posted

Your opinion about a corporate proxy server to reach the magazine's website from everywhere

Mauro Tridici March 12, 2023 03:44PM

Re: Your opinion about a corporate proxy server to reach the magazine's website from everywhere

unclepieman March 12, 2023 05:06PM

Re: Your opinion about a corporate proxy server to reach the magazine's website from everywhere

Saint Michael March 12, 2023 05:58PM

Mauro Tridici March 13, 2023 03:08AM

Mauro Tridici March 13, 2023 03:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018