Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help me understand NGINX

July 15, 2021 10:02PM
Sorry but I'm new to NGINX and i have a few questions. Please bear with me. My understanding of NGINX is that it allows me to just keep port 443 open and NGINX will forward the traffic to the correct IP address and port inside my network based on the domain being used to get to my NGINX instance. Do I have that right?

Right now I have NGINX set to forward a duckdns domain to my Home Assistant instance. The NGINX is actually installed on my home assistant as an addon.

I also have another domain that is a synology.me domain that I setup on my synology server that forwards that domain to my synology logon screen. NGINX is getting me to the login screen but I am getting the message that it is not secure. How would I go about fixing this?

Likewise I would like to setup another domain name that would get me to my router login. Obviously I know what ip and port my router is and i setup an addition domain with duckdns. I just keep getting internal errors when I hit save on my new proxy host in NGINX.
Subject Author Posted

help me understand NGINX

drew571 July 15, 2021 10:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 268
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018