Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: least_conn upstream configuration issue "host not found in upstream" with Kubernetes DNS

January 05, 2021 01:20PM
thanks for your prompt response,

i did read through this thread prior and it does relate to my understanding of the issue.

it seems like we could

1) use ips instead of host names, not ideal due to the dynamic nature of the ips
2) maintain an upstream configuration externally and use nginx reload to modify the upstream as pods come online

scaling up, as stated in the referenced thread (https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,290205) is not supported in stock nginx.

there doesnt seem to be any way to use a least connected policy without individually knowing all the hosts? as in, there is no way to use least connected over a headless service that returns multiple ips; we must need to explicitly declare all known hosts?

i think i understand, thanks again
Subject Author Posted

least_conn upstream configuration issue "host not found in upstream" with Kubernetes DNS

kpirateone January 05, 2021 10:53AM

Re: least_conn upstream configuration issue "host not found in upstream" with Kubernetes DNS

Francis Daly January 05, 2021 12:28PM

kpirateone January 05, 2021 01:20PM

Francis Daly January 05, 2021 02:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018