July 03, 2020 08:38AM
Thank you for your suggestions!

My understanding from your suggestions is that you do not want me to make any corrections on the client code. I just need to make corrections on the Nginx configuration as per the blog link.

I am trying to understand that blog, going through again and again. so far I understand that it creates a SSL layer first through which it accepts the client request. Client should point to my proxy host and one of the ports listed under "mail{... }". Proxy server identifies the upstream host based on the username came from the client request. Then the call is routed to actual upstream host based on the port. Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

My questions are
1) Significance of this line "auth_http localhost:9000/cgi-bin/nginxauth.cgi;" is just to have my own authorization logic and return the valid upstream server host based on the username. Is it correct?
2) I want to know what does this mean "smtp_auth login plain cram-md5;". Does the connection to actual upstream happen here?

Please help me on this and also share links supporting the above configuration.
Subject Author Posted

Nginx as reverse proxy mail server host

siva.pannier July 02, 2020 02:20PM

Re: Nginx as reverse proxy mail server host

Francis Daly July 02, 2020 05:06PM

siva.pannier July 03, 2020 08:38AM

Francis Daly July 04, 2020 04:26AM

siva.pannier July 06, 2020 12:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 309
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018