Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Nginx behaves with "proxy_bind" and DNS resolver with non matching ip versions between bind ip and resolved ip?

December 29, 2014 02:36AM
Hello,
I'm working with the proxy module, and with a dns resolver configured. The traffic i'm using is both ipv4 and ipv6.

I'm trying to understand Nginx behavior when using "proxy_bind" directive and when the resolver returns both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses.

In particular i'd like to understand what happens when:

1. "proxy_bind" binds to an ipv6 address, and the resolver returns only ipv4 addresses (and the other way around - binding to ipv4, resolving only to ipv6).

2. "proxy_bind" binds to an ipv6 address, the resolver returns both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses, but the first attempted ip address is an ipv4 address (and the other way around - binding to ipv4, first attempted is ipv6).

Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Shmulik Bibi
Subject Author Posted

How Nginx behaves with "proxy_bind" and DNS resolver with non matching ip versions between bind ip and resolved ip?

shmulik December 29, 2014 02:36AM

Re: How Nginx behaves with "proxy_bind" and DNS resolver with non matching ip versions between bind ip and resolved ip?

Maxim Dounin December 29, 2014 11:50AM

Re: How Nginx behaves with "proxy_bind" and DNS resolver with non matching ip versions between bind ip and resolved ip?

shmulik December 30, 2014 06:58AM

Maxim Dounin January 05, 2015 01:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018