September 04, 2014 07:06AM
Hello!,

I would like to ask you about a concern that I have and I could not find anything in the forums or google.

The situation is:

I already have configured an apache server with 2-step authentication and reverse proxy, which is used to as an additional security layer to enter a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.

I'm using a Remote desktop web gateway application (from remotelabs) which is a web gateway working with websockets and it connects to the remote desktop infrastructure. In a summery: Internet --> apache with 2 factor authentication and pwauth and reverse proxy --> remote desktop gateway --> remote desktop infrastructure.

The problem is for some reason everything works inside the infrastructure but when I tried to connect from outside (internet) it doesn't work in the web gateway, it just cannot connect.....

So the folowing steps is put in the middle Nginx as a reverse proxy because the developer of web gateway recommended that due to Nginx works better with websockets rather than apache.

I was reading that is possible to run apache and nginx in the same port but changing the listening ip addresses, but is possible to use Nginx as reverse proxy with apache with ngx_http_auth_request_module ?

If so, is there any orientative example to do this?.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Bruno.
Subject Author Posted

Nginx as reverse proxy with apache

dedero September 04, 2014 07:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 176
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018