Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unicorn as simple cgi without rails

nomad Bellcam
October 10, 2013 05:50AM
hello,
i recently set up a new server upon which i installed nginx to try it out (and which i have been quite happy with since).
my website is mostly static with some small cgi areas, and i like to use ruby for the cgi. when i did my research for the best ruby cgi handler for nginx, unicorn figured prominently in my results, and so i became interested in trying it. i spent some time reading up on how to configure and use it but have been unsuccessful implementing, mostly i believe due to the fact that i do not have a rails framework installed nor a legitimate rackup config.ru
my question is this: does it make any sense at all to use unicorn as a ruby cgi handler if i am not also using rails? and if there is indeed some sense in this idea, how might i go about it? is there a simple rackup file that would work for a configuration such as this? i couldn't find any information on rackup configs of this sort, and not being familiar with rails the terrain simply became to steep at this point to continue without some guidance or assurances.
thank you for your consideration.
sincerely,nomad _______________________________________________
nginx mailing list
nginx@nginx.org
http://mailman.nginx.org/mailman/listinfo/nginx
Subject Author Posted

unicorn as simple cgi without rails

nomad Bellcam October 10, 2013 05:50AM

Re: unicorn as simple cgi without rails

Jonathan Matthews October 10, 2013 07:06AM

RE: unicorn as simple cgi without rails

nomad Bellcam October 10, 2013 07:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018