Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

502-Error but nothing in error.log (anymore)

August 28, 2013 08:28AM
Hi there,

I'm using nginx on my arm5 to run a seafile-server and ran into a couple of problems just now. when I open a page that embeds a picture from a certain folder the picture won't show. When I copy the pictures url and open that url manually, I get the error:
"An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later
..."
As I've understood, thats a fallback-template for all server-related errors. But when I open the error.log, it shows me nothing. Only a notice, that some pid has been created or similar.
I haven't set a specifc path to a log-file in the nginx.conf, so it should log to the default location, which in my case is /var/log/nginx/error.log, and it used to do that back when I had some 403 permission errors with wrong ownership of files. so it's not the configurations fault. It seems that it's just that particular kind of error that doesn't get properly logged.

The access.log in that same folder gets filled with access logs, upon opening the image it responds with 502.

Any help on how I could debug this further?

thank you
Subject Author Posted

502-Error but nothing in error.log (anymore)

bernado August 28, 2013 08:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018