Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Curl, Nginx and the connections conundrum.

August 01, 2012 10:32PM
Hey folks,

I'd like to turn your attentions to this frustrating issue I've been facing.

I'm running a dedicated server... Centos 6, PHP 5.3.3, Nginx 1.0.15. Great hardware, no problems.

Nginx uses fastcgi to run php.

The server communicates with another server using remote sql.

A file called download.php initiates a mysql connection, checks some details in the database and then begins streaming bytes to the user with content-displacement.

No matter what I do, I cannot get simultaneous connections to download a file above 5. For instance if I download a file using a download manager, a maximum of 5 connections can be made, the rest timeout.

I've setup nginx to accept up to 32 connections, mysql connection is closed before the file begins to stream so there shouldn't be connection limit issues there.

According to the logs, Nginx seems to be giving a return code 499 on the 6th request.

Also it's max 5 connections every time, and when I want to download a second file it won't start because there's a maximum of 5 connections for my ip.

Does anybody have any idea how I can increase the amount of connections? Perhaps an idea of what else I can check?

I've also posted my troubles here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11769520/linux-server-file-download-connection-limit

Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

Curl, Nginx and the connections conundrum.

jakecattrall August 01, 2012 10:32PM

Re: Curl, Nginx and the connections conundrum.

csg August 02, 2012 02:56AM

Re: Curl, Nginx and the connections conundrum.

jakecattrall August 02, 2012 12:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018