Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with updated nginx

August 28, 2011 05:48PM
Hi All,

I have run nginx on OpenBSD for several years without problems. Recently I upgraded to a new OpenBSD and with that to a new nginx. I went from nginx 0.7.64 to 0.8.53p5
nginx still works but I ran into a problem: nginx listens on localhost:10080. I use firewall rules to get my traffic there. For some reason 0.8.53 sometimes adds the portnumber to an URL resulting in error messages. I found a work around but that is not an acceptable final solution as it is very difficult to update everything and the problem will likely re-appear in the future.

The details:
nginx.conf:
server {
listen localhost:10080;
server_name www.example.com:80;

location ^~ /pfstat {
root /var/mine/data;
index index.html index.htm index.php;
autoindex on;
}
}

If a html file on the server contains <A HREF="pfstat"> I get a message that the connection to nginx was denied and the URL displayed in the browser is changed into something like www.example.com:10080/pfstat (the port on which nginx listens is added). If the html file on the server contains <A HREF="pfstat/"> (additional '/' at the end) everything works OK (the 10080 is NOT added to the URL). This problem only exists when referring to a directory, references to a file work normally (<A HFER="somefile.html">).

Can anybody shed some light on this.
Has anything been changed in this area?

Regards,
Paul

Ps: It is not an option to update all html files to include a trailing '/' in case of references to a folder. This is not only a lot of work it probably also involves modifying other peoples pages.
Subject Author Posted

Problem with updated nginx

pvsw1 August 28, 2011 05:48PM

Re: Problem with updated nginx

Maxim Dounin August 28, 2011 08:46PM

Re: Problem with updated nginx

pvsw1 September 07, 2011 04:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018