Nam
April 19, 2011 05:40AM
Hi Guys, I have started getting this error on some of my servers today. I have an automated system which generates configuration files based upon how many customers we have. Our nginx servers currently run MANY sites (server directives) and all of a sudden we started getting the follow error when trying to do an nginx reload...

[emerg]: could not build the variables_hash, you should increase either variables_hash_max_size: 512 or variables_hash_bucket_size: 64
configuration file /etc/nginx/conf/nginx.conf test failed

Any ideas on what is causing this and how I could resolve it. I have looked for a directive variables_hash_max_size or variables_hash_bucket_size on the wiki and I cannot find any documentation covering a directive with those names. Is this a compilation option I need to change to allow for more configurations?

The odd thing is, we have multiple servers and only some of the servers are having this issue. We are using nginx 0.8.53 on these servers.
Subject Author Posted

Nginx variables_hash error

Nam April 19, 2011 05:40AM

Re: Nginx variables_hash error

Maxim Dounin April 19, 2011 06:28AM

Igor Sysoev April 19, 2011 06:36AM

Nam April 19, 2011 04:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018