Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

getting ip address from fastcgi for Wordpress plugin

March 28, 2011 10:21PM
I am running a Redhat EL5 server using Nginx 0.8.54 on the frontend, with Apache 2.2.3 on the backend and mod_rpaf to forward the IP address to be used in filtering spam from Wordpress comments using the Spam Free Wordpress plugin. (http://www.toddlahman.com/spam-free-wordpress/)

I would like to use fastcgi to serve PHP, but I am not aware of any way for fastcgi to forward the visitor's IP address like mod_rpaf does for Apache for use by my Wordpress plugin.

I don't currently use mod_fastcgi to connect to an external fastcgi process like spawn-fcgi because I can't get it to work, or php-fpm because I cannot find the proper php-common rpm and other dependency rpm files I need to connect memcached and other stuff.

Does anyone have a solution to this? If so could you share your complete configuration files from Nginx, and Apache, or the fastcgi configuration outside either of these applications? I am open to any and all suggestions, but appreciate complete config examples to save time.

Thank you.
Subject Author Posted

getting ip address from fastcgi for Wordpress plugin

toddlahman March 28, 2011 10:21PM

Re: getting ip address from fastcgi for Wordpress plugin

Maxim Dounin March 29, 2011 04:46AM

toddlahman March 29, 2011 07:04AM

toddlahman March 29, 2011 07:14AM

toddlahman March 30, 2011 04:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018