Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot get RTMP to work

December 25, 2020 02:20AM
Hello,

I have followed the tutorial found here:
https://www.nginx.com/blog/video-streaming-for-remote-learning-with-nginx/#installing-nginx-dependencies

To the best of my ability (it has some distinct holes in it), and some other tutorials that I have found. I cannot get RTMP to work with nginx.

I am running a VPS with Ubuntu. I have installed the RTMP module.

I have worked to edit the nginx.conf file as best as I can, but I don't understand why this file seems to reside in multiple locations, and I don't understand which of them I am to edit to add the RTMP configuration -- this is totally missing from the tutorial and I cannot find a straight answer about this.

As it stands right now, I've added

rtmp {
server {
listen 1935;
chunk_size 4096;

application live {
live on;
record off;
}
}
}

to the end of the config file found in /usr/local/nginx/conf, and I've ran nginx -t to ensure that it is configured properly -- nginx spits back that it is. I have stopped/started the service. I've run a port scan to ensure that it is listening on port 80 -- it is.

I am trying to stream using OBS via RTMP. I set OBS to use my server IP/live and no matter what, I get an error from OBS that it cannot connect to server.

I am lost as to what to do here and am looking for help.

Thanks,
Subject Author Posted

Cannot get RTMP to work

brianbotkiller December 25, 2020 02:20AM

Re: Cannot get RTMP to work

Francis Daly December 26, 2020 01:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018