Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about proxy_cache_min_uses

May 09, 2020 11:34PM
When I did a search for this I only found one thread, but it was in Russian and hard to translate.

I currently playing with an image cache for application frontend to a "massive" amount of proxied images. With proxy_cache_min_uses=1 my cache grows extremely fast and I cap it at 100G (for disk performance) and I get an average cache hit rate of 6%. With proxy_cache_min_uses=2 it grows much slower and actually plateaus at 23G with a cache hit rate of 5%.

My concern is as follows, proxy_cache_min_uses=1 effectively caches everything, which is too much... But proxy_cache_min_uses=2 doesn't cache enough. I'm struggling to understand exactly how proxy_cache_min_uses works, by setting it to 2 nginx needs to somehow know that 2 requests were made for a given piece of content. But how does it do that? And over what timeframe? 2 requests in the current connection buffer, 2 requests over the past 5 mins, etc.,.
Subject Author Posted

Question about proxy_cache_min_uses

essenz May 09, 2020 11:34PM

Re: Question about proxy_cache_min_uses

J.R. May 10, 2020 10:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018