April 25, 2009 05:24AM
Hi,

i'm currently having pretty bad performance on my server setup which is most likely just a little issue with my configuration but i cant figure out what i do wrong. Google did not really help much either.

The Problem is pretty simple:

Its to slow, even static pages or assets (css files, images) are served way to slow through my servers (a couple of seconds at most).

The Setup is:

Nginx 0.6.36 as frontend server (only to split the requests up to the vhosts, since a couple of sites are going through the same ip)

Nginx or (still) some Apache servers behind which server the pages.

So when a request goes in, the first nginx proxy-passes it through to the second servers which then deliver the sites (including all static contents).

This setup seems to slow down performance dramatically, even simple static files are delivered way to slow.

I already tried various configuration combinations (gzip/keep alive/proxy options), but dont seem to get anywhere so far, it would be great if someone had a basic idea to get me back on the track.

Thanks a lot !
Subject Author Posted

Bad Performance when using two Nginx behind each other

maxigs April 25, 2009 05:24AM

Re: Bad Performance when using two Nginx behind each other

Ryan Dahl April 25, 2009 06:09AM

Re: Bad Performance when using two Nginx behind each other

Istv April 25, 2009 06:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018