Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

proxy_store help requested

March 08, 2014 05:39PM
Hello. I have two nginx instances - let's call them upstream and downstream. Both are running Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and nginx 1.4.1. I want to use proxy_store to mirror some rarely-changing files from upstream to downstream.

On the downstream server, I have created a /var/www directory owned by www-data (the user configured to run worker nginx processes). All files are served out of this directory. The directory (and its sub-dirs) have 755 permissions.

In theory, when I ask for a file from the downstream server, my understanding is that it should look under /var/www for it; upon not finding it, get it from upstream and store it locally in downstream; and then serve the file from downstream on an on-going basis. The upstream server should only show one access in its access log.

This is not happening. The downstream server keeps complaining that the file cannot be found locally, and continually fetches the file from upstream instead. So each access attempt to downstream for that file generates one "no such file or directory" error in the downstream error log, and a regular GET in the upstream access log.

If I instead touch a file at the location (as the www-data user) where nginx wants to find the file locally on the downstream server; do a GET for that file; and then delete the file, nginx will do the right thing (i.e., get the file from upstream, store it at that location, and then serve it). If I skip the GET, nginx continues to not save the file locally, and keeps getting it each time from upstream.

Any idea what's going on?

Here's my downstream server's config:

upstream download_servers {
server download.foobar.com;
}

server {
listen 80;
server_name www.foobar.com;

location / {
root /var/www;
index index.html;
proxy_redirect off;
}

location /download/ {
root /var/www/download/fetch/;
error_page 404 = /fetch$url;
}

location /fetch/ {
internal;
proxy_store /var/www/download${uri};
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_pass http://download_servers;
proxy_store_access user:rw group:rw all:r;
}
}
Subject Author Posted

proxy_store help requested

nginx_newbie_too March 08, 2014 05:39PM

Re: proxy_store help requested

nginx_newbie_too March 08, 2014 05:45PM

nginx_newbie_too March 08, 2014 06:21PM

Maxim Dounin March 08, 2014 07:16PM

nginx_newbie_too March 08, 2014 08:51PM

nginx_newbie_too March 09, 2014 10:34PM

Maxim Dounin March 10, 2014 07:08PM

nginx_newbie_too March 11, 2014 12:46PM

Maxim Dounin March 12, 2014 07:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018