Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fastcgi_cache + ngx_pagespeed

October 18, 2013 09:07AM
Hi guys,

First of all, I am aware that this is not the place to get ngx_pagespeed support. I am only coming here because I am this close to archieving the performance I need, and here is the place where I had the most sucess with my questions so far. Forgive me if it is out of place.

Second, I would like to know if there is a NGINX workaround for this problem, not a ngx_pagespeed solution.

So I was able to get all the optimization I need (aggressive) from ngx_pagespeed and offload my static assets (after optimization) to a CDN (pull origin). The only performance problem I have now is when serving content that HIT's the fastcgi_cache.

It seems that ngx_pagespeed has to do its thing on rendered output html everytime a request is made to the page. I through fastcgi_cache cached content was already ngx_pagespeed optimized versions. It seems like ngx_pagespeed runs in front of nginx/fastcgi_cache. It is ngx_pagespeed that fetches the html from fastcgi_cache and passes it on.

Are you guys aware of any way to make fastcgi_cache cache optimized output, after everything is set and done?

I think there is a solution if I use varnish, but I do not want to add another moving part to my setup.

Best regards.
Subject Author Posted

Fastcgi_cache + ngx_pagespeed

ddutra October 18, 2013 09:07AM

Re: Fastcgi_cache + ngx_pagespeed

ddutra October 18, 2013 12:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 294
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018