Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thawte SSL with 3 certificates

June 05, 2011 03:12AM
Hi all,

After much googling, lots of hair pulling and still no result I'm hoping someone here has seen this particular issue or else can help point me in a direction that may help resolve it.

For a site I'm building I need to have SSL enabled - it's ecom. I've configured SSL on nginx before without too many problems though did get caught out with a Thawte renewal which required the domain certificate and the Thawte CA intermediate. Concatenating them into the same file resolved the issue and all the sites I've had to do that with are working fine. Until now that is...

On this latest file, Thawte has supplied not one intermediate CA certificate but two - a primary and a secondary which need to be included.

I started off in the same vein - creating a file with mine first, then the two supplied by thawte - I have tried all the combinations of the three certificates and can reliably make it break by moving the domain cert out of first position but no combination of the other two appears to work - including removal of one or the other.

Has anyone come across this issue at all with other certificate authorities or even Thawte specifically? I'm literally a week from launching the site so need to resolve this as certainly in browsers like chrome you get the "this website is not secure" error message...

Weirdly the domain certificate information is available when you enquire it in the browser however there's no chaining information available when you show the hierarchy. It show's the domain cert as the root certificate and it appears like this is where the error is coming from.

Any ideas what might be causing this effect?

Kind regards
ajfisher
Subject Author Posted

Thawte SSL with 3 certificates

ajfisher June 05, 2011 03:12AM

Re: Thawte SSL with 3 certificates

Igor Sysoev June 05, 2011 03:32AM

ajfisher June 05, 2011 08:04AM

ajfisher June 06, 2011 07:59PM

Maxim Dounin June 06, 2011 08:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 318
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018