Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resumable uploads with upload module

June 02, 2011 02:26PM
Hi, I haven't found a lot of information on what would seem to me a very interesting and useful feature: the upload modules upload_resumable directive and how to implement a client that supports the protocol stated here: http://www.grid.net.ru/nginx/resumable_uploads.en.html

Two questions to the developers or people using it:

1. What kind of control (if any) do we have on how the resumable uploads are handled, particularly I wonder how long a partial upload is held by nginx and if that can be configured: Say I upload the first chunk and then never upload the rest (a crash, internet failure etc), is the first chunk kept in memory/disk for ever?

2. My current processes do multipart/form-data POST to nginx to be handled by a django backend. I upload a file and the form data with metadata pertaining to that file. The protocol clearly states that multipart/form-data content dispositions are now allowed. Is there someway around this? I need to upload metadata along with the file upload to determine what to do with the file.

Thanks!

Daniel.
Subject Author Posted

Resumable uploads with upload module

dgollas June 02, 2011 02:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 295
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018