Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Set generated PHP output to Memcached server by Nginx transparently

August 17, 2010 05:18AM
Hi,

I have set up for NginxHttpMemcachedModule and it works great reading output that I have set to Memcached server through my OWN PHP code. But that means I have to modify my PHP code to make it happens and sometimes it is not easy if the code is third party. I really think it would be more beneficial if the NginxHttpMemcachedModule could set the generated PHP output into Memcached server. By doing so, I don't have to modify PHP code to make it happen and it offers much better maintenance, using Nginx server as the Memcache (cluster) Proxy.

Basically I need to be able to read PHP output from Memcached server:

1) If there is PHP output in the Memcached server given $uri, use it
2) If not, use fallback to the fastcgi or PHP-FPM
3) The generated PHP output of step 2 is set to the Memcached server BY NGINX TRANSPARENTLY (no PHP code change but just Nginx configuration) to the Memcached server so it can be read next time on step 1.

I notice that there is another module call NginxHttpMemcModule. It seems that it could do the trick but I am not sure by looking at the configuration example in the wiki.

Could someone provide some insight on this issue?

Thanks!
-- Jin Kuang
Subject Author Posted

Set generated PHP output to Memcached server by Nginx transparently

jkuang August 17, 2010 05:18AM

Re: Set generated PHP output to Memcached server by Nginx transparently

Dayo August 17, 2010 01:47PM

Re: Set generated PHP output to Memcached server by Nginx transparently

jkuang August 18, 2010 11:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 8 on April 13, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 421 on December 02, 2018